Put Your Head on My Shoulder (致我们暖暖的小时光) - Chapter 27

The sweet Gu Weiyi is back! When Situ Mo is having a conflict because of Gu Weiyi's family wanted him to go to America, but Situ Mo, who just started having a relationship with Gu Weiyi, wanted to be with her boyfriend. What choice Situ Mo will make?

Title: Put Your Head on My Shoulder (致我们暖暖的小时光)
Author: Zhou Gangan
Translation credit: Jia

Chapter 27
Mo was discussing the slogan of the advertisement with brother Tie when she received Gu Weiyi's parents’ call. She could not turn around for a moment and promised to go out to meet them in a muddled way. When she hung up, she asked for leave and hurried to the coffee shop where she had made an appointment. She just began to get nervous before she saw anyone, trembled to call Gu Weiyi. Just when the phone was connected, a couple pushed the glass door and came in. She pressed off the phone, fearing that he would call back, so she shut down.

She had not passed this way in her life, straightened her waist, bowed slightly, and raised her mouth 15 degrees, ‘Aunt Wang, Uncle Gu.’

The woman who was called as Aunt Wang's laughed, looked magnificent, ‘Mo? You look like your mother, pretty girl.’

The man who was called as Uncle Gu just nodded, waving his hand and saying, ‘Sit down please.’

Mo didn’t sit down until they had sat down and called the waiter to order something. Aunt Wang ordered a cup of mocha and a schwarzwald cake. Mo followed by a cup of mocha while Uncle Gu just ordered a cup of espresso.

‘Mo, how's your mom doing?’ Aunt Wang asked with a smile.

Mo nodded, ‘Very well, my mother asked me to thank you if I had the chance.’

Aunt Wang waved, ‘Don't mention this. Your mother helped me a lot when I was young. Besides, Weiyi must have been taken good care of by you.’

Mo was a little confused, she didn't know whether Gu Weiyi had tell their relationship to his family, so she didn't dare to guess what their purpose. She could only use a smile and polite words to prevaricate: ‘No, he was taking care of me.’

Aunt Wang laughed and said, ‘He took care of you? Don't mention it. I know what kind of temperament my son has. You're already amazing to get along with him.’

Mo laughed without a reply. She couldn’t just say yeah, yeah, and I think your son is very difficult to get along with.

The waiter interrupted their conversation by delivering coffee and cake.

Uncle Gu, who had kept silent, took a sip of espresso and said, ‘Are you lovers?’

Mo was shocked by such a straightforward inquiry and hesitated to answer.

Aunt Wang kindly relieved the siege: ‘Don’t ask in this way? The little girl is shy.’

Mo, who was shy smiled awkwardly, ‘Yes.’

Aunt Wang stretched out her hand and clapped Mo’s hand. ‘That's the way you kids are. You don't even tell your family about such a big thing.’

Mo could only laugh embarrassingly, ‘We’ve just started, and haven’t time to say that, it’s our fault.’

Aunt Wang reassuringly patted Mo’s hand and said, ‘Nothing. Weiyi won’t say that until we forced him, It’s so wonderful that you’ve been together, doubly related.’

Mo was struck by the phrase ‘doubly related’ and could do nothing but to laugh.

Uncle Gu, who was serious, said again, ‘Did you know that Weiyi has successfully applied for MIT?’

Mo nodded, ‘Yes.’

‘Did you know he had decided not to go?’

Mo stared at him and said, ‘No?’

Uncle Gu picked up his coffee and took a sip, ‘You don't seem to know, so you certainly didn’t know that he didn't go because of you?’

In his tone, Mo could not tell whether he was critical. So she had to suppress the shock of the news and said a little incoherently, ‘We...haven't discussed this yet. I think that...He will go.’

Uncle Gu tried to say something again. Aunt Wang suddenly broke in and said, ‘Well, didn't you say you have something to do in the company? You can go back first. I'll have a good chat with Mo.’

Uncle Gu was rushed off the stage before he could make himself up and go on the stage. Leaving Mo and Aunt Wang being the mainstay to finish the play.

Aunt Wang ate the schwarzwald cake happily and greeted Mo, ‘Mo, it’s delicious. Would you like to eat?’

Mo shook her head and said, ‘You eat. I just had lunch.’

Aunt Wang really buried herself in eating the cake. Mo was stunned. She had always thought that her mother should be serious and solemn. After all, she was a strong woman who had been successful in business. How could she dig the cake with a small spoon?

‘By the way, how did Weiyi treat you?’ Aunt Wang stopped digging the cake and asked.

Mo, ‘Well, very nice.’

Aunt Wang, ‘He didn't be cold and indifferent to you, did he?’

Mo thought about it, occasionally, especially when he had a book in his hand, but she still had to say, ‘No.’

Aunt Wang, ‘That's good. I've been worried that his strange personality will stop him from finding a girlfriend. Fortunately, you can stand his temper.’

Mo had to reply politely, ‘No, he has a good temper.’

Aunt Wang seemed to be disagreed. ‘Don't be polite to me, I know my own son. I haven't had much time to take care of him. I can understand why he complains about me. But I've been making up for and flattering him for years. He still couldn’t be close to me. I haven't seen such a demanding child.’

Mo hasn’t seen such a mother who would dislike her child. She was speechless and has to laugh all the time.

Aunt Wang put down her fork, ‘Actually, I'm going to talk to you about MIT when I chase the child's father away. I'm afraid his father's coffin face would be too serious as to frighten you.’

Mo thought to herself that you were frivolous enough to frighten me.

Aunt Wang went on to say, ‘When Weiyi took the college entrance examination, I tried to let him study business management, so as to inherit our business, but he refused. Something happened to him in the college entrance examination, and his grades were not very good. I thought he would change his major. Who could know that he would rather change his first choice of school than change his major? We were unable to change his mind, so had to let him go. Now he said he didn’t want to go to the United States, we couldn’t persuade him. We thought it a pity that he had given up such a good opportunity since he liked this way. It took me a long time to know your relationship from him. I just wanted you to help me persuade him.

After listening to such a long series of words, Mo’s heart was ups and downs, but she still had to pretend to be calm, ‘Aunt, I'll try, I don't know if he would listen to me.’

Aunt Wang smiled kindly, ‘In fact, it must be very sad for you to be apart when you are just together, but take a long view. The separation this moment is for the sake of being together for a longer time in the future. Besides, communication and transportation are so convenient now, the reunion after a brief parting is as sweet as a honeymoon.’

Mo was once again scorched inside and outside by ‘The reunion after a brief parting is as sweet as a honeymoon’.

Back to the company, Mo had no mind to work. All afternoon, she had been out of her mind. Although she was prepared to let him go, she suddenly knew that he had no intention of leaving. She hadn’t have time to be happy before she was asked to persuade him to go. Just in two or three hours, her mood rose and fell like a roller coaster.

Finally, It's hard for Mo to hold on till the end of work. She collected things and went downstairs with the sister, who complained all the way about brother Tie’s incomprehensibility. Mo tried to tell her: I think brother Tie is very good, and I think it’s you who’s the bad person, I found you cheat on him on the first day of work.

After waling downstairs, she reluctantly chatted with the sister for a while. Actually, the sister was talking while she was listening. Mo was being impatient, the sister suddenly stopped: ‘Hey, how could it be him?’

Mo looked in her eyes – Gu Weiyi.

‘Why did you turn off your phone?’ As soon as Gu Weiyi came to Situ Mo, he asked.

Mo was stunned and said, ‘Ah! I forgot it.’

He gave her a stare, ‘Kept bothering me.’ Then he turned to Xiaoqing to greet, ‘Hello, I'm Situ Mo’s boyfriend, Gu Weiyi.’

‘Hello, I am the sister of Mo in college and colleague.’ Xiao Qing held his hand and said, ‘In fact, I know you. I am also in X middle school, one year older than you.’

Gu Weiyi had a moment of stiffness, but followed good advice readily at once, ‘Hello sister.’

Xiao Qing gave him a thoughtful look: ‘Well, you talk, I will not be a light bulb, bye-bye.’

Both of them said with one voice, ‘Bye-bye.’

When sister Xiao Qing went away, Gu Weiyi began to teach a lesson, ‘You turned off the phone as soon as it was connected. Did you mean to make me worried sick?’

Mo did not answer his question, ‘How did you find this place?’

‘I knew your company is near home, just search it on the Internet.’

‘You didn’t even know the name of my company. How did you search it?’

‘Haven't you been working with a star surnamed Lin lately. I searched his latest publicity and then the cooperative advertising company.’

‘It's very clever. No wonder you could go to MIT.’

Gu Weiyi got awared of something, she hadn’t mention MIT again after they were together, and she didn't even let him mention it. He disclosed a little when his mother called him the day before yesterday, and thanks to the cooperation of the little old lady. Otherwise, it would be impossible to murder a person with a borrowed knife.

He said calmly, ‘Say, why did you hang up just after calling me?’

Mo took his arm and said while walking, ‘Your parents came to me.’

Gu Weiyi stopped, ‘What did they say?’

Mo dragged him along, ‘Come on, they didn't say anything, just say you're not going to the United States and asked me persuade you, I think you'd better go.’

Gu Weiyi took her hand off her arm and said, ‘You promised, didn't you?’

Mo wrapped her hand around his arm again: ‘Of course I have to promise.’

Gu Weiyi pulled out his hand with a gloomy face and said, ‘You just want me to go?’

Mo felt that his temper was really unreasonable, so she simply annoied him, ‘Yes, I wish you could leave earlier.’ After that, she walked straight on high heels.

Gu Weiyi stayed in the same place for five seconds, and found that this little girl’s temper really came up, and had to follow up, ‘What's wrong? How did I annoy you?’

Mo kept silent, just glared at him and went on. Gu Weiyi was not a good-tempered man. He just kept silent after being glared. They both got on the bus and went home one by one. When they got home, they were locked in their rooms. An hour later, the door of Mo’s room banged. Her breath hadn’t been smooth yet, so she was very angry, ‘Why, I'm going to sleep.’

It was quiet outside, and the doorknob was turned away. Gu Weiyi put his head in and said, ‘Obviously you're surfing the Internet.’

Mo looked at him coldly and did not follow suit.

He pushed to open the door and came to Mo, ‘Still angry?’

Mo stared at the computer screen, ‘I didn't want you to go.’

Gu Weiyi leaned over to grab her shoulder and pressed her head against him, ‘I know.’

Mo looked up from his arms and asked, ‘Did you want to go?’

‘No.’ He patted her on the back. ‘I can go to graduate school here as well, and have an internship at the Provincial Academy of sciences.’

Mo leaned on him, she was silent for a long time before she asked, ‘Was it because of me?’

Gu Weiyi did not want to deceive her, ‘Yes.’

Comments