Put Your Head on My Shoulder (致我们暖暖的小时光) - Chapter 38

Title: Put Your Head on My Shoulder (致我们暖暖的小时光)
Author: Zhou Gangan
Translation credit: Jia

Chapter 38

Summer vacation should have been a busy advertising season, the company was busy up and down, The criterion of ‘Using women as men, men as livestock, new people...’ had been brought into full play. As a rookie, Mo had to help with almost everything. Today, because there were three advertisements shooting at the same time and the executive department was short of manpower, she was borrowed from the creative department by brother Tie to serve the stars. Of course, there was an important reason for her to be transferred. Today, the spokesperson for an advertisement was Lin Zhicun. Everyone in the company knew that Lin Zhicun would cooperate with Situ Mo when he met her, so she became Lin Zhicun's second agent as a matter of course.

 

Today, they were shooting an advertisement for sports drinks. There were two spokesmen, Lin Zhicun and a new competition star, Huang Hanyi. Competition stars were mostly popular over night, and the sudden fame and fortune often made people unresponsive, totally unresponsive, or overreact, took themselves seriously. Obviously, Huang Hanyi belonged to the latter. Mo had been asked by her to buy drinks several times today. Every time, she would be suspicious of anything. It's either too cold or not cold enough, which made Mo want to pour the drinks on her head. Lin Zhicun, a humble star, had been watching her being bullied happily, occasionally interrupting and mocking, ‘Little Situ, I suddenly would to have hot drinks.’ Mo shook the bottle of mineral water in her hand and gestured to throw him away before he smiled and begged for mercy.

 

‘Hey, go and buy me * green tea.’ Huang Hanyi came up to dictate.

 

Situ Mo, who had been ‘Heyed’, looked at her and thought that if she drank that much, she would urinate frequently.

 

‘Sorry, let other staff buy it. I can't get away.’ Mo was checking the scenery, and really couldn’t get away with it.

 

‘What a working attitude you have! Did you know who I am?’ Huang Yihan increased her volume.

 

Mo sighed in her heart, said quietly, ‘I know who you are. I searched on the Internet last night and I'll buy it.’

 

Lin Zhicun laughed straightly after hearing her words, ‘Little Situ, have you searched me on the Internet?’

 

Mo gave him a white eye, ‘Yes, you have two more pages than her.’

 

Lin Zhicun laughed and whistled. Master, that's what swearing people without dirty words meant.

 

Huang Hanyi stamped her foot against the figure of Situ Mo’s departure, ‘This staff member is really annoying!’

 

Lin Zhicun glanced at her, ‘I think you're more annoying.’

 

Huang Hanyi stamped shyly again, ‘You are bad!’

 

Lin Zhicun shivered, and his sincere words were taken as flirting, really unlucky!

 

When Mo bought back the green tea, she happened to meet brother Tie on the tour. She complained to him about the difficulties Huang Yihan had made. Brother Tie laughed and patted her on the shoulder and said, ‘Didn't your Lin Zhicun stand up?’

 

Mo knew the truth that more description would make a fake truth, she simply ignored him and took the green tea to Huang Hanyi. She disliked her as usual, and Mo was perfunctory, reading carefully the colorful pages of the scenery in her hand. She was not prepared for Huang Hanyi’s sudden stretching out of her foot to trip her. She staggered and almost fell down on the ground. After stabilizing herself, she looked at Huang Hanyi incredibly. Did she watch too many TV plays?

 

Huang Hanyi said sorry with a smile, but the expression on her face was provocative.

 

Mo was puzzled. She thought that although she was not loved by everyone, she was at least not disgusting. Why did she always have trouble with her?

 

‘She's jealous that you look better than her.’ Brother Tie quietly comforted Mo.

 

Mo looked at Huang Hanyi carefully, uh... It's really not difficult to be more good looking than this woman. Alas, forget it, it's not easy to grow up like this. What's more, actually the hardest thing is being a makeup artist. Now that the makeup artist can tolerate it, why can’t she? It's not easy to earn money and live earnestly these days.

 

Pressing down her temper, Mo laughed and said it was all right. Then she turned to do something else.

 

Lin Zhicun waited until Situ Mo left and said to Huang Hanyi coldly, ‘What do you think if the headline of tomorrow's newspaper is ‘Huang Hanyi’s head had got bigger before she gets popular, and the staff suffers terribly’?’

 

Huang Hanyi was stunned and said, ‘I really didn't mean it.’

 

‘I guess so.’ He grinned at the corners of his mouth, ‘After all, no smart guy would do such a thing.’

 

Taking advantage of the noon break, Mo grabbed the time to doze off in the corner. She was woken up by her mobile phone in 10 minutes before. It was Fu Pei who had not been in touch for a long time.

 

‘Mo baby, how are you lately? Did you miss your brother? The voice of Fu Pei came.

 

Mo was a little flattered, the man started calling her Mo baby again.

 

‘Are you too happy to speak?’

 

She stretched out a lazy waist before she said, ‘Big brother, it’s rarely that you still remember your little sister?’

 

‘You don’t look like a lady when stretching.’

 

Mo sat up to look everywhere, and not far away, Fu Pei was smiling and shaking his phone.

 

Fu Pei approached her and threw her a bottle of cola. She was in a coma and was hit by a surprise.

 

He saw her smashed and laughed happily, ‘Mo, haven't seen you for so long, still clumsy.’

 

She picked up the cola on the floor and opened it to him. The foaming foam made him jump back several steps, and he shouted, ‘Hey, it's too mean.’

 

After playing for a while, they sat down to chat. Fu Pei laughed and said, ‘Gu Weiyi has been left for so long. Did you feel lonely?’

 

Mo glared at him, ‘You’re wordy, Why are you here to see me?’

 

He said, ‘You have no conscience. I miss you so much.’

 

She gave him a white look and drank the cola, ‘Didn't you go to Shanghai?’

 

Fu Pei bumped her on the shoulder, ‘I came back as soon as I heard that Gu Weiyi had left.’

 

This was the truth. As soon as he graduated, he ran far away from Situ Mo, thinking that it would be convenient for him to heal his emotional wounds. But when he heard the news that he Gu Weiyi had gone to the United States, he scratched his heart, struggled for a while and quit his job to return.

 

Mo gestured to go, he hurried to pull her back, ‘No, I am not used to living in Shanghai, and I am ready to start a business, of course, I need to choose the familiar environment.’

 

She admired his ambition, but still said, ‘You? Starting a business?’

 

‘Don’t look down on me. I'll be the boss of a multinational company then. If you choose me now, you'll be the boss’s wife in the future. How about that?’

 

Mo had no way to do about his shamelessness, but after such a long time, it was good that they could still make such unbridled jokes.

 

‘Can there be a serious sentence in your ten sentences?’

 

Fu Pei laughed more and more***, ‘Every sentence of mine is very serious. How about your work? I used to see that woman who looks like a sweet potato has been having trouble with you. I might as well go and beat her up until she changes from a sweet potato to a potato.’

 

Mo was amused at by him, ‘How long have you been here?’

 

‘Hey, I'm free today. I spent the whole morning watching how you were enslaved.’

 

Mo looked a little complicated. He watched her all morning?

 

Fu Pei realized that he had said too much, ‘You are an accountant. I just started my own business. Come and help me. I feel dizzy when I see the accounts.’

 

Mo was a little embarrassed, ‘I've been so busy lately that I haven’t time to help you. Why don't I wait until I’ve finished the busy work and see if I'm free?’

 

He nodded, ‘Come and help me whenever you are free. I rented an office in Zhongan Building, I’ll show you around when it’s decorated.’

 

She listened and felt funny, ‘Wow, presentable.’

 

‘That's it. the hand that's been feeding you is waving. Fu Pei saw Lin Zhi waving observed for half a day. This man was absolutely not simple to Mo. He had never seen Mo be so popular before. Alas, with wolves and tigers around her.

 

Mo rushed over, explained a few words and ran back to Fu Pei and said, ‘I have to work. Next time I'll have dinner with you.’

 

‘Hello, Mo.’

 

‘Yes?’

 

‘Don't be sorry to Yi. If you have to get out of the wall, I'll sit on the wall and wait for you. Don't provoke those stars or anything.’ Fu Pei said as if it was true.

 

Mo could not bear it, so she stare at him, ‘Get out!’

 

When Mo returned to her dormitory from work, she had hardly touched the bed when her phone rang. It was Gu Weiyi who called to greet her. She answered the phone with a smile and said, ‘Hello.’

 

‘It's me. Are you tired after work?’

 

‘Yeah, I'm tired.’

 

‘Did you see Fu Pei today?’

 

‘How did you know that? Did you arrange eyes? Or did you invent something high-tech to monitor me?

 

‘He called me to say that your company has cooperated with Lin Zhicun again recently.’ His voice was flat and she could not hear his anger or joy.

 

Mo scolded Fu Pei as stupid in her heart and smiled, ‘Oh, yeah, he's popular. Of course, there are many advertisements.’

 

‘You're not ambiguous with him, are you?’

 

‘Of course not, neuropathy.’

 

‘Situ Mo.’ His voice suddenly sank.

 

‘Yes?’

 

‘I love you.’

 

‘...’

 

The phone hung up. Mo was petrified. Shit! This boy's trick was too treacherous.

 

Gu Weiyi hung up the phone and said to the blonde beauty sitting opposite him, ‘Now do you believe that I have a girlfriend?’

 

This blonde beauty was the professor's daughter, looked hot, but in fact, she was underage. Contrary to Mo, who looked underage, but actually had grown up.

 

‘I don't care. She's in China. I can be your girlfriend here, I'll never tell her.’ The little girl insisted.

 

Bitch, endless! Gu Weiyi’s good patience was finally worn out. He had gave her face because she was a little girl and was professor's daughter. He didn't expect that she would never stop.

 

He gave her a cold look, ‘Stop bothering me!’

 

After that, no matter how she was crying, he paid for her coffee and went straight away.

 

Mo lay in the bed and rolled over the 800th body, but she still couldn't sleep. Her ears were always haunting his deep voice, saying clearly and bewilderedly, ‘I love you, I love you...’

 

The corners of her mouth rose again and again. She'll probably have a strain on her laughing muscles tonight. American education was great. Uncle Sam was great.

Comments

  1. So cute. I love how she always refers to America as Uncle Sam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I like that too :)
      She did that several times in the next chapters when Gu Weiyi still in the States

      Delete
  2. I like that all her peach blossoms appeared in this chapter. It must be fun everyone are there except for his bf. HAHAHD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment