Put Your Head on My Shoulder (致我们暖暖的小时光) - Chapter 52

Title: Put Your Head on My Shoulder (致我们暖暖的小时光)
Author: Zhou Gangan
Translation credit: Jia

Chapter 52

On Monday, Mo told Fu Pei that she had met Xu Jieer. Fu Pei was stunned for two seconds and said, ‘Who is Xu Jieer?’

 

Mo looked at him in surprise. He was too shameless!

 

Fu Pei laughed, ‘Mo, you are so easy to cheat. Uh, I'm going out to talk about businesses. Send me her phone number and I’ll ask her out when I have time to renew the front line.

 

Mo rolled her eyes and said, ‘Get away, she’s married.’

 

Fu Pei leaned down and approached her a little. He smiled while saying, ‘Why? Jealous? I'd rather wait for you to come out of the wall. I have no interest in her any more.’

 

Mo slapped a folder in her hand on his head, which was too close to her, and scolded, ‘Sorry, I love my wall very much.’

 

Fu Pei put his mouth down and stood up straight, ‘Try changing the wall.’

 

Mo looked at him in disgust and shook her head, saying, ‘Forget it, your wall is full of mice.’

 

Chen Xiaoxi, who was sitting near the door, knocked impatiently on the table and said, ‘You two have been endless. Aren't you going out to talk about businesses?’

 

Fu Pei shrugged and whispered to Mo, ‘This woman has eaten explosives.’

 

Fu Pei went out. Mo dragged a stool beside Chen Xiaoxi and asked, ‘What's wrong? What happened to you and your ex-boyfriend yesterday?

 

Chen Xiaoxi shook her head desperately, ‘Don't mention it.’

 

Mo kept asking, ‘Say that to me.’

 

Chen Xiaoxi stared at her, ‘You are gossiping, just manage yourself.’

 

Mo was not convinced, ‘I managed myself very well, so I had time to take care of you.’

 

Chen Xiaoxi looked at her as if she was looking at an idiot, and said, ‘Are you really silly or not? How close you were to Fu Pei just now? If I hadn't stopped you, your would have been pulled out of the wall.

 

Mo was trying to beat her when her phone rang and she picked it up. It was Xu Jieer.

 

Mo shook her phone at Chen Xiaoxi and said, ‘The woman with your ex-boyfriend that day, she was my high school classmate.’

 

Chen Xiaoxi raised her head in surprise, then leaned on the table, saying, ‘Come on, It’s none of my business. Answer the phone quickly, I'm upset by the noise.’

 

Mo answered the phone, ‘Hello?’

 

Xu Jieer's voice was delicate, ‘Mo, what are you doing?’

 

‘Working.’

 

‘Are you free for coffee?’

 

Mo was very helpless, ‘I’m working.’

 

‘Take time off.’

 

Mo sighed. Why was it so difficult to communicate? She had to say, ‘The company doesn't give leave easily.’

 

‘Well, it's Fu Pei's studio, isn't it? Give the phone to Fu Pei, and I'll ask him for you.’

 

Mo began to admire herself when she was young. How did she put up with this woman at that time?

 

Xu Jieer coquettish, ‘Mo, please, I want to talk with you.’

 

Mo’s heart softened again, and her memories immediately returned to her. At that time, she herself was treated with such a semi-pleading and semi-compulsory attitude.

 

Mo looked at the clock hanging on the wall and compromised, ‘I can run away for at most an hour, pick a place closer to my company.’

 

Xu Jieer, ‘Good, I’ll call you when I get here. I'm driving a red BMW.’

 

Mo hung up the phone, greeted Chen Xiaoxi's sympathetic eyes and sighed, ‘I suddenly felt that I could never turn over.’

 

Chen Xiaoxi said, ‘You have to learn to say no bravely.’

 

Mo stared at her, ‘Why didn't you dare say no when you were dragged out by your ex-boyfriend yesterday?’

 

Chen Xiaoxi cried sadly, ‘Don't mention yesterday any more, otherwise I'll open the window and jump down.’

 

Mo picked up her phone and said, ‘Well, Fine. I’m working. Hey, well, your ex-boyfriend was so handsome. What on earth happened yesterday?

 

Chen Xiaoxi narrowed her eyes and pinched her fist: ‘Situ Mo!

 

Mo laughed and bounced off, ‘I was kidding, kidding.’

 

Mo looked at her watch for the third time. Good, Xu Jieer was half an hour late. Although she said it was because of the traffic jam, Mo was still a little upset.

 

As a matter of fact, Xu Jieer came in a red BMW and dressed herself in red. Mo obviously felt that her arrival had added a lot of turnaround to the table.

 

And no mention how sincere they were when they met each other. They used to be good friends. Friends at youth always made people feel warmer.

 

When they tried to find the mark of change on the other's face, they found more familiarity: Su Jieer still loved the orange eye shadow, and would carelessly stroking her hair. Mo still liked to raise her hair, and unconsciously stirred up all the liquid.

 

Even if they had broken up unhappily, they still passed the time together. On those days when the sky was blue and the wind was weak, they went to the toilet hand in hand.

 

Xu Jieer seemed really lonely. She talked to Mo about her life in the upper class society. Her content and tone were less show-off but more complaints than the last time. The servant always couldn’t cook good food. Some rich wife had a disgusting face and her husband always didn’t go home for dinner.

 

It was rare for Mo to console her with kindness, ‘After all, your husband is a man who does great work. It's normal to be busy.’

 

It was rare for Xu Jieer not to boast, but sighed and said, ‘It’s kind of good that he didn’t back home.’

 

Mo didn't know how to answer her words, so she stirred her coffee silently. She really didn't like coffee, wanted tea and missed Gu Weiyi. It's a wonderful feeling that in an unrelated scene, she suddenly missed someone without any reason, missing heavily.

 

‘Mo, Mo?’ Xu Jieer's hand waved in front of Mo. ‘Why? Did you listen to me?

 

Mo smiled guiltily and said, ‘Yes.’

 

‘What did I say just now?’

 

Mo couldn't speak out.

 

Xu Jieer stared at her, ‘If you didn’t want to listen, just say it.’

 

Mo said in a good voice, ‘No, I was just thinking about my job.’

 

She couldn’t say that she was missing spring, missing her husband.

 

Xu Jieer's voice became sour, ‘Knowing that you manage everything every day, you shouldn't have been forced to come out and waste time with such an unproductive person as me.’

 

Mo was so choked that she felt very meaningless. Why did she skip work to waste time with her?

 

Xu Jieer saw that Mo’s face had changed and realized that she seemed to have talked too much. She said, ‘I'm kidding.’

 

Mo said seriously, ‘Jieer, we’ve grown up, and the way we used to get along when we were young is no longer suitable.’

 

The words were tactful enough. It depended on her whether she could understand.

 

Xu Jieer was always a smart person. She took a sip of coffee, laughed and said, ‘Not bad. You really grew up.’

 

Well, Mo’s not a fool either. She smiled and said, ‘I have to, having experienced too many.’

 

They smiled at each other, probably it was the most sincere smile since they met.


Comments

  1. Ooh, how sweet missing Gu Wey Yi!
    I like this girl Xu Jieer, though the crossover it does with ALS's characters doesn't match what hapenned in the novel.
    Thanks for the chapter, as always ♡
    Looking fwd to Thursday ☆

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mo : "Chen Xiaoxi your ex-boyfriend is soo handsome "😂 Little Mo, Xiaoxi know he is extremely handsome that's why she chased and loved him with all her heart. Mo and Xiaoxi, both are very cute and silly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm betting Xi Jieer is the first gf of Gu that got pregnant with Fu. 😂

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment