Put Your Head on My Shoulder (致我们暖暖的小时光) - Chapter 54

Title: Put Your Head on My Shoulder (致我们暖暖的小时光)
Author: Zhou Gangan
Translation credit: Jia

Chapter 54

After seeing off Fu Pei and Chen Xiaoxi, Mo and Gu Weiyi both stayed on the sofa and refused to wash dishes.

 

Gu Weiyi said, ‘Situ Mo, if you wash the dishes, I will let you ravage me tonight.’

 

Mo said, ‘Your thin body? You can't stand the ruthless and tough trample of your sister. Go and wash the dishes, and I’ll leave you alive.’

 

Gu Weiyi said, ‘It doesn't matter. Since your brother came into this world, he didn't think about go back alive.’

 

Mo said, ‘Why are you so glib in front of me? No, I don't like such a man.’

 

Gu Weiyi said, ‘Why are you so lazy in front of me? No, I don't like such a woman.’

 

Mo screamed and rushed up to bite Gu Weiyi hard, she bit so hard as to make Gu Weiyi wow.

 

Gu Weiyi tried to hold her, but she slipped off the sofa like a loach and ran away. As she fled, she said very wilfully, ‘Sir, I’m going to wash the dishes right away. Don't be angry.’

 

Gu Weiyi listened to the sound of water in the kitchen and looked at the clock in the living room to estimate the time.

 

Mo put the last bowl in the cupboard and closed the cupboard door. As the cupboard door was closed, the kitchen door was slammed.

 

Mo turned around, finding Gu Weiyi leaning against the closed door and smiling, ‘This is the legendary of catching a rat in the hole.’

 

He approached step by step, and she stepped back until she had no way to retreat.

 

Gu Weiyi did not touch her with his hand, but was close to her. She had to lean back, almost bowing in the washing table.

 

At this critical moment, Mo suddenly remembered that she had a powerful weapon, a pair of wet hands. So she hold Gu Weiyi’s face with two hands and happily wiped the dishwash water from her hands all over his face.

 

The so-called cleanliness addict Gu allowed her to rub her face, with smelling of detergent, very wet and slightly sticky. He didn't feel dirty either, just felt that her smug smile on the corners of her mouth was so beautiful.

 

He didn’t resist, Mo felt bored and was trying to retract her hand. Suddenly, Gu Weiyi grabbed her two hands and put them back behind her. Then her mouth was blocked.

 

The next morning when Mo got up to for working, she went out of the door and began to blush. She picked up clothes from the door and picked them up all the way to the kitchen. Especially when she picked up her underwear, which was hanging on the kitchen door handle, she tried to dig up the bastard on the bed.

 

During the lunch break, Mo called the guy who had a good life and winter vacation.

 

Gu Weiyi’s voice was sleepy, ‘Situ Mo, did you miss me that much?’

 

When Mo heard this, she became very angry. Why did she make a living outside while he sleeping at home?

 

She gritted her teeth and said, ‘Gu Weiyi, I'm going to have corn steak soup in the evening. You have to pick out the corn one by one for me to eat.’

 

Gu Weiyi gave a huh, but he didn't respond.

 

Mo became even more angry and found an empty corner to raise her voice and shout, ‘Gu Weiyi! Get up - get up!

 

‘I'm in the bus now. What are you shouting at?’

 

Mo lowered her voice, ‘In the bus? What bus?

 

‘Long-distance passenger bus.’

 

Mo wondered, ‘Why? Where are you going?’

 

‘Go to your home and visit your parents. Please take a few days off. I have booked your ticket at 18:30 and put it in the second compartment of your purse.

 

Mo fumbled out her purse, and sure enough there was a ticket in it. She had no idea what to say with the ticket.

 

Gu Weiyi waited for a moment and said, ‘I'm going to sleep. I'll tell your mother that you want to drink corn steak soup.’

 

Mo stared at the phone for a long time, and then she called her mother to inform her. As soon as the phone was answered, her mother laughed at the other end of the phone and said, ‘Mo, what time are you coming back? Weiyi said he would be there by two o'clock.’

 

Mo was speechless, she said after a while, ‘Uh, I’ll set out at six-thirty.’

 

Mo put down the phone and knocked on the door of Fu Pei's office, ‘Fu Pei?’

 

Fu Pei: ‘Come in.’

 

Mo opened the door and said, ‘I'm going to take two days off.’

 

‘Why?’

 

‘Absence.’

 

‘I mean, why did you ask for absence?’

 

Mo squinted at him and said, ‘Go home.’

 

Fu Pei said expressionlessly, ‘You’re going to take him home to meet your parents.’

 

Mo admitted generously, ‘Of course. Allow?

 

Fu Pei reluctantly smiled, ‘Whatever you like, just don't ask me to be your best man when you get married. I can't resist it.’

 

Mo nodded her head and promised, ‘Okay, you don’t need to attend, just give me your gifts then.’

 

Fu Pei waved to let her go out, then bowed his head, read the document busily.

 

Mo gently closed the door before saying, ‘Thank you’ in a low voice.

 

After the door was closed, Fu Pei slowly raised his head to the closed door, sighed and murmured to himself, ‘I just wanted to thank you.’

 

Mo got on the bus at the last second. In order to catch up with the bus Gu Weiyi had ordered, she almost vomited. Before she sat down, she got a call from Gu Weiyi. She was sulky, ‘Why?’

 

‘Did you catch the bus?’ Gu Weiyi asked.

 

‘No.’

 

‘How come? I’ve counted the time. You should have been able to catch up even if you're stuck in traffic after work.’

 

‘Haven't you heard of God's way is higher than man's.’

 

‘You're losing your temper.’

 

Mo pouted, ‘So what?’

 

Gu Weiyi laughed, ‘No what, tell you something that would make you more angry. The soup your mother made was so delicious that I drank it up with your brother.’

 

Mo gritted her teeth, ‘I'll go back and simmer you.’

 

Mo chatted with Gu Weiyi casually, and then heard her mother on the other end of the phone shouting, ‘Weiyi, come to eat, aunt made you fried chicken wings.’

 

Gu Weiyi answered, ‘Aunt, I'm calling Mo. Would you like to talk to her?’

 

Mo’s mother, ‘There's nothing to say. She’ll be back soon. Just ignore her. Come and eat quickly. It will not be fragrant when it's cold...’

 

Mo was so angry that she hung up the phone as soon as her hand shook. Thinking that she was still angry, with a hot head, she decided to send a text message to frighten him: You all bully me, what if I’m gone.

 

Within five minutes, the phone rang again, and Mo picked it up and said, ‘Would you cut it out, already. I'll get off now. I won't go home. You play with my mother yourself.’

 

‘Mo, what are you speaking?’ Xu Jieer was roared with confusion.

 

Mo was embarrassed to find out that she was yelling at the wrong person, ‘Ha-ha, I thought you were my boyfriend.’

 

‘What's the matter? Did you quarrel?

 

She scratched her head, ‘No, it's just a bickering. He ran to my family all of a sudden. I'm on my way home now.’

 

Xu Jieer's tone suddenly got excited, ‘You are going back home? I really want to go back and have a look. I haven't been back since my family moved to another place. It's been many years, and I miss it so much. I remember I used to go to your home to have free meals. The fried chicken wing your mother cooked was absolutely fantastic.’

 

Mo smiled and remembered that she used to hide in her room with Xu Jieer and read novels secretly. Her mother thought they were learning, and cooked food for them. The most frequently food she had made was fried chicken wings.

 

So Mo said, ‘Will you go back? My mother's fried chicken wings would be so lonely without your sparing no effort to praise them.’

 

Xu Jieer said brightly, ‘Okay, I'll drive myself tomorrow, please ask aunt to make chicken wings for me. I'm dying of greed.’

 

Mo said, ‘Good, see you tomorrow.’

 

‘See you tomorrow.’


Comments

  1. Thanks for the translation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. Can't wait till Thursday... life can be a little caotic right now, but I am sure that on Thursday I'll be able to read this and somehow time will stand still for a little while...
    Thank you ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Solingen - Grade 23 Titanium Art - TITaniumArt
    Solingen, Belgium. The Tienen, ford fusion titanium Germany is a babyliss pro nano titanium straightener well-known sculptor in the remmington titanium design and manufacture of the world's finest titanium ore art car, with the ford focus titanium hatchback production

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment