Put Your Head on My Shoulder (致我们暖暖的小时光) - Extra 3: Second Chapter

Title: Put Your Head on My Shoulder (致我们暖暖的小时光)
Author: Zhou Gangan
Translation credit: Jia

Extra 3 - Unworthy: Second Chapter

[Second]

 

Gu Weiyi graduated from the United States and came back. They had ended a long distance relationship, and they were successful. They had a son, named Gu Mowei or Gu Weimo, or anything else. Anyway, that's all.

 

 

Fu Pei broke up with his girfriend for an unknown reason, which was irritating anyway.

 

After work, Gu Weiyi waited downstairs early. Fu Pei watched Situ Mo fly out of the building like a bird in the upstairs window.

 

‘Boss, would you like some coffee?’

 

Fu Pei looked back, Chen Xiaoxi was in the panda's eye, shaking a bag of instant coffee in her hand.

 

‘With milk and sugar.’

 

‘Neuropathy.’ Chen Xiaoxi said, ‘With so many requirements, whatever you want.’

 

When Chen Xiaoxi finished making coffee and handed it to Fu Pei, Gu Weiyi and Situ Mo downstairs were still there. They moved all kinds of things from the trunk to the back seat of the car. Gu Weiyi moved a large cardboard box. It looked very heavy. Situ Mo rushed to help. Gu Weiyi laughed and lifted the box up.

 

‘Boss, what a strange hobby you have. Being so abnormal to see others showing love.’

 

‘Chen Xiaoxi, have you ever liked someone so much that you feel you don't deserve such a good person?’

 

Chen Xiaoxi didn't expect that the dandy boss suddenly wanted to talk to her. For a moment, she was afraid. She struggled for half a moment and didn't know how to answer. She watched Situ Mo and Gu Weiyi move things downstairs. Then she turned off and said, ‘Why do you think they emptied the trunk? Wouldn't it be killing someone to carry the corpse?’

 

Fu Pei, who was affectionate, almost burst out with a mouthful of coffee, ‘Did you know how to chat?’

 

‘No, boss, I was not asked to talk with the boss when I signed the contract.’

 

Fu Pei seemd determined to be sentimental, ‘Chen Xiaoxi, if you were Mo, who would you choose? Me or Gu Weiyi? I mean, if I only loveMo from now on.

 

Chen Xiaoxi yawned, ‘I choose Jiang Chen.’

 

‘Who is Jiang Chen?’

 

Chen Xiaoxi shrugged, ‘My ex-boyfriend.’

 

Fu Pei immediately said, ‘Everyone is sad in love. Come on! Let's talk about it.’

 

Chen Xiaoxi waved her hand quickly, ‘It's a joke, it's the man who delivers the express every day.’

 

Fu Pei endured the impulse to roll his eyes, ‘Don't forget who paid you.’

 

‘If I have to relieve your hurt, you'll have to pay me more money.’

 

When the evening wore on, Situ Mo and Gu Weiyi had left. Fu Pei took a deep breath and felt himself a little funny. He was sad enough to ask his subordinates for comfort.

 

Chen Xiaoxi finally couldn't bear it. She patted him on the shoulder and said, ‘Boss, did you eat any candy when you were a child?’

 

‘Yes.’ Fu Pei was confused.

 

‘What's your favorite flavor?’

 

‘What did you mean?’

 

‘I like orange best. When I was a child, my mother bought mixed candy and said I could choose five of which, but the cans of candy had six flavors. And the next time I forget what tastes I ate last time, it's been a dead cycle, so I always felt that I've lost a taste and I've been sad for a long time. Later, I decided that I like the taste of orange, I chose the taste of orange to eat, I didn’t care if I had eaten one fewer flavor, and I bought only orange flavor since then.

 

‘If I were you, I would cry and scream. I would eat all the flavors. I would always be afraid that the one I can’t eat was my favorite flavor. And when I biy it again, I will still only buy assorted candies.’

 

‘So is your love. You always open the radar to get prepared for the next one, because maybe the next one is better and the next one is more suitable? You are afraid, afraid of losing other possibilities in this way, and Mo, was only one of your possibilities. There are so many flavors in the world, how can you try them out?’

 

‘Are you trying to calm me down?’

 

‘No, if you like trying so much, just to try different kinds of candies and don’t limit yourself to one flavor. Chen Xiaoxi yawned again, ‘Do you understand? Stop fantasizing about what you can't do.’

 

Fu Pei was silent for a moment before he said, ‘What a hell allegory!’

 

Chen Xiaoxi laughed, ‘Hey, learn from an acquaintance.’

 

‘Let’s knock off, don’t work overtime. No matter how you draw, you'll get stuck.’

 

Chen Xiaoxi was angry, ‘Why? I painted so well!’

 

Fu Pei smiled hilariously, ‘Then, don't be angry with me.’

 

‘Don't let me know that you've been with that manager?!’

 

‘Yh...That's almost what it means.

 

Chen Xiaoxi got mad.

Comments