Put Your Head on My Shoulder (致我们暖暖的小时光) - Chapter 31

Title: Put Your Head on My Shoulder (致我们暖暖的小时光)
Author: Zhou Gangan
Translation credit: Jia

Chapter 31
The pickle fish Gu Weiyi took them to eat was really delicious. The fish was tender, the pickles were just perfect. Anyway, she'd enjoyed herself. Later, Gu Weiyi had to take off her chopsticks to stop her from being stuffed.

Lu Jianshi didn't eat much, she had a small appetite, and with their annoying behaviors, she couldn't eat any more. To be honest, their behavior were not as intimate as those of popular couples, and people who didn’t know them would think they were friends at most. But Lu Jianshi knew that, she could see the gentle expression of Gu Weiyi when he turned around to talk with Situ Mo, the helplessness on his face when he knocked on her bowl with chopsticks and said don't eat so much, and the bitter smile when he wiped away the soup sprinkled on her desktop with a paper towel...

Lu Jianshi put down her chopsticks, ‘Uh... Situ Mo? Are you from our school?’

Mo shook his head, ‘No, I'm from G university.’

Lu Jianshi then asked, ‘Are you high school students classmates then?’

Mo shook her head again, ‘No, I'm Fu Pei's high school classmate. Did you know Fu Pei?’

Lu Jianshi nodded. Fu Pei, a well-known unfaithful lover of Polytechnic. It was said that the women he failed to live up to had formed an organization of ‘Women should be self-reliant’, which was dedicated to publicizing his love misdeeds. A pamphlet called ‘See Tricks and Break Tricks’ was also published to dismantle his love tricks.

Mo found that Lu Jianshi’s expression was unpredictable, so she asked tentatively, ‘It seems that you have heard a lot of his great achievements?’

Lu Jianshi hesitated and nodded. She told her about organization of ‘Women should be self-reliant’. Mo thumped the table with laughter and said that the girls in your school were so talented.

Gu Weiyi shook his head and said, ‘Situ Mo, are you an idiot, believe that?’

Mo was still laughing, ‘You didn’t know that... When I was in high school, I heard that his old girlfriends were publicizing him everywhere, but I didn't expect that... Haha... It has developed into official organizations in college... Haha... College students are indeed more well-educated. Haha... Ouch... my stomach aches...’

Gu Weiyi rolled his eyes, ‘You laughed too much.’

Mo swallowed and stopped laughing. She said very seriously, ‘Anybody has the right to punish him.’

Gu Weiyi bent her finger and tapped her forehead, ‘You are taking pleasure in other people's misfortune.’

She rubbed her forehead and complained, ‘You always knock me on the forehead.’

He approached her with a smile and helped rub it. ‘Let me see. Okay, next time I’ll knock somewhere else.’

Lu Jianshi's twisted her clothes unconsciously with her fingers, and suddenly remembered the Journey to the West, which she saw as a child: Sun Wukong drew a circle on the ground with his golden cudgel, so that the master and his disciples could hide in, and all the monsters who tried to approach them would be popped out as soon as they approached the circle. Lu Jianshi felt as if she had been popped out and fell on the ground with a painful heart.

After dinner, Gu Weiyi asked Lu Jianshi, ‘Are you going to do the experiment this afternoon?’

Lu Jianshi looked at Situ Mo, who stood on Gu Weiyi's left side, with her thumb and forefinger pinching the hem of his jacket. Very subconscious action, but made Lu Jianshi's nose sour. She swallowed a choking throat, said, ‘I feel a little uncomfortable, Don't do the experiment in the afternoon?’

Gu Weiyi nodded, ‘Then you have a good rest.’

Situ Mo looked at her somewhat worried, ‘Can you go back on your own? Or shall we send you back?’

Lu Jianshi shook her head, ‘No, I'm fine, probably indigestion, I’ll get better after a walk.’

Situ Mo, ‘Well, be careful.’

Lu Jianshi stood and watched them go away. The wind today was a little strong. Gu Weiyi’s white coat was blown up by the wind, Situ Mo took his clothes and walked forward together. Then he turned around and said something to her. She loosened her hand and hit him. He tied her around the neck and dragged her forward half-hugged and half-dragged. Their expressions were happy, even sometimes angry.

Lu Jianshi suddenly hated her 1.0 eyesight.

Situ Mo was dragged between Gu Weiyi’s arm and chest, with her mouth puckered high, and was still making a fuss about what he had said before. After they came out of the sight of Lu Jianshi, she asked him happily, ‘You said that there were my same kind in the laboratory before, was that Lu Jianshi? In fact, I do not think we have any similarities, she is more temperamental, I am more adolescent, lively and lovely.’

Gu Weiyi glanced at her, ‘I meant the same kind of the white mice. You both have shifty eyes.’

A basin of cold water poured down like this, she really wanted to kill him.

Gu Weiyi saw that her mouth was so puckered that it could lift the bottle, he pinched her face and said, ‘Look at this pinched mouth, I didn’t want to kiss you.’

Mo glance him, ‘Stay away from me.’

Gu Weiyi really let go of her, go forward by himself, leaving Mo standing there alone foolishly. He walked five or six steps, looked back at her, and then trotted back with a smile, ‘It's far enough. Now I’m back.’

Mo was stunned for a moment, but she did not accept his humour at all. On the contrary, she was furious, ‘What’s your problem...’ She was too angry to speak anything. For a moment, she didn't know how to scold him. She simply turned around and went in the opposite direction.

As a man who did not know much about amorous feelings, Gu Weiyi tried to analyze the reason why she suddenly turned around and walked away in a scientific way, but failed. He had to catch up to pull her, ‘What's wrong?’

Mo waved his hand without saying anything.

He had a rare good temper and coaxed her, ‘Come on, don't be angry.’

When he spoke to her in a good voice, her anger subsided, and she was a little embarrassed, because she did not quite understand what she was annoying about either, maybe it's the sudden annoyance.

She took his hand again, ‘Where will you take me this afternoon? Today's Children's Day.’

Gu Weiyi was quite helpless about her temper like fog, rain and wind. He sighed and said, ‘Are you still a child?’

Mo nodded solemnly, ‘Yes, I'm still a child.’

He took her by the shoulder, ‘Come on, go to toy city and buy you gifts.’

Mo pretended to cheer excitedly, ‘Oh yeah! Gogogo!’

Mo had thought that Gu Weiyi was just making fun of her casually. When they really stood at the gate of the toy city and looked up at the letters of ‘toy city’, she finally realized that he was playing for real and really regarded her as a child.

‘Go on. I'll buy you a Barbie.’ Gu Weiyi took her hand to go inside.

Mo stood still: ‘No, it's shameful. How old am I?’

Mo laughed faintly, ‘You said it yourself just now.’

‘I regret it.’

‘It wouldn’t be shameful? At best, people would think we're going to pick out gifts for our children.’

Mo stared at him, ‘Where did the children come from?’

‘Was born.’

Mo blushed quietly, ‘You give birth to children by yourself, who’s going to have children with you.’

‘I didn't say I wanted to have children with you.’ Seeing that Mo was getting angry, he quickly turned to her shamelessly, ‘Child’s mother, what do you think we should buy for our child?’

Mo was teased by him before she could hold her face straight, ‘Buy a knife and I'll teach him to kill his father.’

‘The Evil of a Woman Heart.’

‘Brother Gu.’

There was a child’s tender cry in the ear. Gu Weiyi and Mo turned their head at the same time. Hadn’t seen it clearly, a flesh ball fell between Gu Weiyi and Mo. They lowered their head and saw Xiaoguang holding Gu Weiyi's leg tightly, and kept calling, ‘ Brother Gu...’

Gu Weiyi squatted down, ‘Xiaoguang, why are you here? Where’s your mom?’

Mo’s eyes circled around her, and saw sister Li’s eyes, uh, there was a sudden feeling of bad coming.

Sister Li swayed her enchanting body and approached them. ‘Gu, why are you here?’

Gu Weiyi stood up and held Xiaoguang in one hand, ‘Passing by, are you here to buy gifts of Children's day?’

Xiaoguang shook his little hand, ‘Mom said she would buy me a robot. Gu Brother, would you help me choose it?’

From beginning to end, Mo looked at Gu Weiyi holding Xiaoguang's hand, and then at her empty hand, felt sad. Did she have to fight for a man's favor with a child on Children’s day?

Gu Weiyi took a look at Mo and said to Xiaoguang apologetically, ‘I'm sorry, brother Gu and sister Situ have something to do. We can't pick out toys with you. Would you like to show me next time?’

Xiaoguang hugged his leg, ‘No, brother Gu, help me pick it out.’

Sister Li said, ‘Xiaoguang, don't pester brother Gu. He had to accompany his girlfriend and had no time to accompany you.’

Somehow, her tone did not sound like persuasion to Mo, but rather like cold provocation.

Sure enough, Xiaoguang embraced him tighter and turned around to stare fiercely at Situ Mo, ‘You're too old to be accompanied, shameful.’

Mo wanted to laugh and weep all at once, ‘You boy hold another boys, more shameful.’

Gu Weiyi got stunned for a moment after hearing the words, her counterattack really stayed at the level of kindergarten.

Xiaoguang let go of Gu Weiyi's legs, ‘I'm not hugging now, so you're shameful.’

Gu Weiyi and Mo looked at each other and dropped a word of ‘Bye-bye’ at the same time. Then Gu Weiyi pulled up Mo’s hand in a hurry and rushed away.

After running across a street, the two stopped and laughed as they watched each other’s panting look.

Mo patted him on the back with great force, ‘Gu Weiyi, provoke fewer rotten peach blossoms. I can't resist it.’

Gu Weiyi was very helpless, ‘Did I?’

Mo, ‘You did!’ What to do now? Where to go?’

Gu Weiyi helped her pull out some hair hanging from her cheek: ‘Go home?’

Mo couldn't think of a better place to go, so she had to nod.

So after a long moment, they found the station and went on the bus. It was not the rush hour. There were few people on the bus, but it was far away from home, at least twenty stops. Gu Weiyi sat by the window and Mo dozed off on his shoulder. The sunshine at 3 or 4 o'clock in the afternoon, a little shining. Mo woke up, and then fell asleep. When she was half asleep, she felt his hand on her forehead, with his palm open, shielding her from the sun. She was in a daze, ‘Thank you. It's so nice to have you.’ It seemed that... He kissed her cheek after hearing her words.

Did she heard it right, or not?

Did he kiss her, or not?

Comments

  1. Thank you very much for the chapter, I am looking forward to the next one...or mtl it >.< I suck at waiting lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The posting for the next chapter will start as usual again. I'm sorry for the lateness in the posting. So many things happened these past few months
      I hope you can enjoy the rest of the translation until the end!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for bringing this gem of a novel to us and please thank Jia too! I just finished the drama and it is quite a delight to read the novel and I'm slowly reconciling myself with this new Gu Wei Yi. But frankly, though I adore this novel - their romance seems a little rushed... Maybe it's just because I watched the drama where they showed the process of their love over ~15 hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's because the second half of the novel is not included in the drama :)

      Hope you have fun reading the novel too!

      Delete
  3. I really want to thank you for publishing this. Since I saw the drama on netflix Ii've been dying for new content, and reading this only makes my heart fill up with joy. Also, I speak spanish, so it was impossible for me to find the novel in my language, but thank to you I can still get the chance to read it. Please continue posting, I'm looking foward to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know that you like the story!
      The posting will start again like usual starting from this week, 2 times per week, on Monday and Thursday. You can subscribe to this blog to get the updates on the posting of the new chapter :D

      Delete
  4. The novel is much more detailed than the series. Thank you for your giving time to post the translated chapters. I hope you are doing fine. I also want to thank Jia for the time and effert invested in translating the novel. Please stay safe. 🤗🤗🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I like from the novel too. The novel is really detailed and all the characters are explained well
      Thank you for the wishes. Me and Jia are both okay :)
      You too, please stay safe!

      Delete
  5. I am really excited for the updates!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The novel will be updated again starting this week. The posting time will be the same, on Monday and Thursday, 2 times per week. Please look forward to it!

      Delete
  6. Thank you for the translation. Just finished watching the drama and I heard that it was based from novel. So far this novel is very enjoyable as it gives further insight about their personality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's what I like from the novel too. It's much more detailed and the characters are properly explained. And I also love the Gu Wei Yi in the novel more
      The posting will start again as usual, so please look forward for the next update!

      Delete
  7. Hi! I hope you're doing okay. Really love this book and appreciate the translation you're undertaking - are you planning on continuing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment

      I'm doing okay and I will try to start posting again by next week
      Due to coronavirus, I couldn't contact my friend who translate this novel
      I have the 10 chapters with me already, so I hope I could get hold of her for the rest of the chapters

      And don't worry, I'll definitely continue this until the end

      Delete
  8. Hello loving your translations so far and loving this indepth knowledge of the characters I really needed to know the complete story after having watched the drama...iv finished reading all the uploaded chapters so really wanna know when will you upload the 32nd chapter...!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's already uploaded here. I know it's been a long time but I'm going to start actively posting again. My posting schedule is twice a week, on Monday and Thursday (Indonesia Time)

      I hope you enjoy chapter 32!

      Delete
  9. Ok thank-you so much !! Will check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It really feels like I'm meeting new characters. They really feel different from the drama. I'm still trying to get accustomed to it, and it has been so hard for me to imagine a new image for the characters because of the change of the personalities haha. But thank you for your translations! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment