Put Your Head on My Shoulder (致我们暖暖的小时光) - Chapter 67

Title: Put Your Head on My Shoulder (致我们暖暖的小时光)
Author: Zhou Gangan
Translation credit: Jia

Chapter 67

According to the old custom, New Year's Day was to go to a village fair, buy New Year's Goods, worship ancestors, visit relatives, classmates gathering... In short, Mo was very busy, but Gu Weiyi was idle every day, called her to report itinerary from time to time, like going to the city library, going to the university to help professors do research…

 

As soon as Mo heard of ‘university’, she raised her vigilance and warned him grimly, ‘If you dare to be alone with Lu Jianshi, your sister will break your leg.’ Gu Weiyi refused to admit being inferior and warned, ‘If you dare to get drunk and let the boys, especially Fu Pei, send you home, your brother will screw your head off and kick it as a ball.’

 

Instead of getting drunk and let Fu Pei send her home, she sent Fu Pei, who was drunk, home. The group of classmates grew up, but their IQ didn’t. When they saw Fu Pei drunk, they all laughed very *** and said that of course you should send Mo home. No matter how Mo explained that she had had a boyfriend, it was out of his way, they just stuffed Fu Pei to her.

 

In the taxi, Fu Pei sang out of tune and took Mo’s hand, saying, ‘

Did you know, what I regret most was having let go of your hand, did you know? Did you know?...’

 

Mo pulled back her hand and said, ‘It's not you who let go of my hand, it's your hand that had held too many people's hands, so I let go of your hand.’ After that, looking at Fu Pei who was lying in the window and spitting out, Mo felt that she was neurotic to have reasoned with a drunk.

 

When Mo got home and called Gu Weiyi, he was also at a party, saying that he had drunk a little and was a little dizzy. Mo gave him some words and hung up the phone to wash and sleep.

 

Mo woke up at two or three o'clock in the middle of the night by the ringing of her phone. A strange man said that Gu Weiyi had been detained in the police station after drunk driving and asked her to pay for the ransom. Mo asked in a trembling voice, ‘Is he okay?’ The other side said, ‘He’s okay, the result of the alcohol test just stepped on the line, and his attitude was particularly good, but we still have to go through a process.’

 

Mo put down the phone and began to get help. Many people were either home or drunk during the Spring Festival, except Xu Jieer. Mo hesitated for a while and then pressed the phone. Xu Jieer promised very quickly. Instead, Mo hung up the phone and began to regret. Countless films and TV dramas flashed in her mind. The more she thought about the pictures of drunken chaos, the more she felt like an idiot, and she was almost crying. So she called Gu Weiyi and said, ‘I'm Situ Mo. Are you sober now? I don't care whether you are sober or not. I just called Xu Jieer and asked her to pick you up. I regret to death now. You can't go with her. You're dead if you go with her. I'll pick you up at the police station, understand?’

 

Gu Weiyi said in a husky voice, ‘Yes.’

 

Mo sneaked out of the house and went to the waiting room of the station. However, the earliest bus was at 5 a.m., so she waited in the waiting room alone, sleepy, cold and frightened.’

 

By the time Mo arrived at the police station, it was more than nine o'clock in the morning. Gu Weiyi was sitting on a bench and napping, looking very simple and plain.

 

The policeman who went through the formalities said, ‘Your husband was so funny. A girl was coming to take him back. He just ignored her refused to leave, making the girl left angrily.’

 

Mo felt so angry and funny that she twisted Gu Weiyi’s ears around.

 

He rubbed his ears and eyes with one hand and said, ‘You are here.’

 

Out of the gate Gu Weiyi suddenly said excitedly, ‘I'll give you a surprise.’ Then he led her to a car and said, ‘I just bought it. Do you like it?’

 

Mo turned around and walked away without a word.

 

Gu Weiyi caught up confusedly, ‘What's wrong with you? Don't you like it?’

 

Mo resisted the impulse to beat him, ‘Sir, you drove after drinking wine and called me here from home at three in the morning. That's what you're going to tell me. You bought a car?’

 

Gu Weiyi grabbed her hand and said, ‘I can explain the drunk driving. The driver was not me, it was a classmate. Suddenly he got a call from home saying there was something urgent in his family. I saw it was almost home, and my car was running out of gas, so I let him go by taxi. I was sober at that time, but the drunk driving was really my fault. I was clear-headed at that time. It was my fault to drive after drinking, I’ll never do that again! By the way, do you like this car or not?’

 

Mo threw away his hand and said, ‘I don't like it.’

 

‘Why?’

 

Mo said with a cold face, ‘I dislike it completely.’

 

Gu Weiyi frowned, ‘Why are you making trouble!’

 

Mo stared at him, ‘Making trouble? Did you know the feeling that when I received the phone call at 3:00 a.m., saying my husband was at the police station? Did you know how scaring it was to walk in the middle of the night? Did you know how empty and cold the waiting room was? What makes you think I’m making trouble?'

 

Gu Weiyi’s head was in severe pain by her roaring, he rubbed his forehead and said, ‘Keep your voice down. I’ve apologized. I'm just trying to surprise you. Is it really angry?’

 

Mo took a deep breath, ‘Where did you get the money to buy a car?’

 

‘Scholarship.’

 

‘Then have you ever wondered who will drive it when you go back to the United States to study? What about fuel and maintenance expense and so on? Could you think it over before you do something? Could you talk it over with me?’ Mo asked calmly with her head sideways.

 

Gu Weiyi pinched his nose hard and said, ‘You drive it when I get back to the United States. I've already help you enroll in driving school. You can go to study after the Spring Festival. As for fuel and maintenance, I have reserved the money. I have a headache now. Let me take you home first.’

 

‘No, you go back to rest.’ Mo stopped a taxi and jammed Gu weiyi in, ‘I'm back, too. I'll call you when I arrive.’

 

On the way back, Mo was tired but couldn't sleep. Gu Weiyi just called and asked her if she had arrived. She just said that she hadn't arrived, and to talk about it later.


Comments

  1. Please upload next chapter I am eagerly waiting for it

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep messing up the link. One more attempt. Chapter 68

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment