Put Your Head on My Shoulder (致我们暖暖的小时光) - Chapter 68

Title: Put Your Head on My Shoulder (致我们暖暖的小时光)
Author: Zhou Gangan
Translation credit: Jia

Chapter 68

Mo didn't get home until noon, and her mother challenged her about where she had gone in the morning and why she didn't answer the phone. She said she ran out in the morning and the phone was dead. Her mother tried to ask more details. Mo waved and said she was tired and hungry. Just having lunch.

 

After dinner, Mo sent Gu Weiyi a text message saying that she was home, then shut down the phone and went to sleep.

 

Mo’s mother nagged outside about having a lazy daughter, just slept after lunch. She didn't know why Gu had fallen love with her.

 

Mo pulled up the quilt and covered her head. Yes, Gu was excellent. She didn’t know either.

 

It was dinner time when Mo woke up. She rubbed her eyes and asked her mother, ‘Did anybody call me this afternoon?’

 

Her mother was cutting up vegetables, ‘Yes, there's a call from Fu Pei, asking if you saw his wallet last night? Who is Fu Pei? Didn’t you sorry Gu?’

 

Mo was a little disappointed, ‘One of my high school classmate.’

 

Her mother looked at her suspiciously with a kitchen knife in her hand, ‘How did your high school classmate's wallet come with you?’

 

Mo gave her a white look, ‘He was drunk last night. I took him home. His wallet slipped out of his pocket and I picked it in my bag.’

 

She went back to turn on her phone, which had only received one text message from Gu Weiyi: OK, sleep for a while.

 

However, Fu Pei's text messages were piled up, asking her why she shut down, then saying that she had embezzled his money, and that he would call the police to catch her.

 

Mo called him helplessly, ‘Your wallet is here. You can call the police and catch me now.’

 

Fu Pei laughed, ‘Hey, hey, noo, you're a good kid who will return money found. I'm going to let the police uncle praise you.’

 

Mo was too lazy to talk to him, ‘Come to the school gate later and pick up your wallet.’

 

Fu Pei insisted on inviting her to dinner to thank her when she gave his wallet to him. Mo couldn't refuse but go for a drink with him. She stared at her phone all the time, but couldn't make it ring.

 

When she returned home, her motehr said, ‘Gu Weiyi called. I told him you went to return your classmate's wallet.’

 

Mo hesitated for a moment and asked, ‘Did he ask which classmate it was?’

 

Her mother showed her complacent face, ‘Yes, your mother was so smart. Of course, I told him that you were meeting a female classmate, Jieer.’

 

Mo was very helpless. It’s ‘nothing up my sleeve’.

 

She thought about it for a moment, but called Gu Weiyi, ‘Hey, I just met Fu Pei.’

 

‘I’ve guessed it.’

 

Mo paused, ‘Need an explaination?’

 

Gu Weiyi responded coldly, ‘No.’

 

‘Then I hang up?’

 

‘Okay.’

 

After hanging up the phone, Mo was in a panic. Her mother looked at her with wide eyes, ‘Did you have a quarrel? Nowadays, young people are so calm in their quarrels?’

 

Mo felt that the little old lady was anxious to see the world in disorder, so she threatened her, ‘Yes, in fact, we are about to break up.’ After that, made a look of crying.

 

Her mother pouted her lips, ‘Come on, taken your mother as a fool? You two are so sticky. We are unable to break you up even we tried to.’

 

Mo found it strange that they were so indestructible in the eyes of others.

 

Before she could say anything to her mother, her phone rang again, and Gu Weiyi’s voice was slightly uncomfortable, ‘Well, I think you'd better explain it.’

 

Mo was happy, ‘You just said no, you have missed the chance.’

 

‘Si, Tu, Mo!’

 

Gnashing the teeth in anger.

 

Mo pushed aside her mother's head and said, ‘Because someone told me not to drink at the party, so I didn't drink a drop, so I had to send the drunk Fu Pei back, and his wallet fell on me. Are you satisfied with this explanation?’

 

‘Situ Mo, you think you're happy to have won, aren't you?’

 

‘Just so so, not particularly happy.’

 

...

 

After a long silence, Gu Weiyi said, ‘Did you really dislike the car?’

 

‘I don't know. I was too angry to look at it carefully.’

 

Gu Weiyi sighed, ‘If you are really angry. What about selling it?’

 

‘You idiot, didn’t you know that half the money is lost when the car lands?’

 

‘So what do you want?’

 

‘What if I can't learn how to drive?’

 

Then Gu Weiyi laughed, ‘Then you can push it.’

 

Mo’s mother failed to hear the insults. She shook her head and walked away with a dull face.

 

When Mo saw her mother walk away, she began to act coquettishly, ‘Shall we stop quarrelling in the future?’

 

Gu Weiyi thought for a moment, ‘Well, I don't think it's practicable with your temper or mine.’

 

‘Uh... It seems so.’

 

There was another silence, and Mo had to say, ‘Look, how embarrassing it is after the quarrel.’

 

‘I've seen you when you're not dressed. Why am I embarrassed?’

 

Mo stamped her feet with anger, ‘Who’s talking about that?’

 

Gu Weiyi laughed in his voice, ‘When will you come back?’

 

Mo thought for a moment and said, ‘In two days, will you come and pick me up? You have a car anyway.’

 

‘No, you got mad at me for buying a car, and your home is so far away.’

 

Mo shouted, ‘Mom, Gu Weiyi bought a car. He said he'd come to our house in two days.’

 

Gu Weiyi said, ‘You are cruel!’


Comments

  1. Hahahaha
    It makes me feel happy.
    Thanks for the update.
    The novel has come to an end I am very upset.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet even when they are fighting. So sad that's coming to the end. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, thanks for translating. I liked the drama and searched for the novel. I love the novel and wish someday, someone will make a drama exactly like the novel. I would like to see how the twists and turns will be portrayed in the drama. Thanks once again for translating. I am so glad you did.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment